Restoration of CTC64615L - day 1

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Restoration of CTC64615L - day 1
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@anr.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 23:14:22 -0500
Well, I've taken the plunge.  Having negotiated a line of credit, temporally
and monetarily, with my wife, and fitted the garage with about 600 sq ft
of shelving, I started taking stripping the car.  I'm too realistic to have
a goal or timeline at this point - wait 'til I shift from "want to fix" to
"want to drive."

After 6 hours, my shelves are filling up with various parts, boxes, and
cans.  I've got the interior stripped out, removed the gas tank (needs
cleaning in and out), removed the driveline and exhaust, and most
of the steering column.  Next comes the dash, windshield, engine
and tranny.  First I need to locate an engine stand.  By 1 Jan I should
be deep into body work, preparing for paint.

Very few of these cars have no rust, mine is not the exception.  Floor
pans are excellent, as is the frame.  Inside sills I knew about, also
the small blister on the rear valence, but I didn't know about the
bulkhead.  Rot, rot, rot.  Not just around the battery, but up around
those *&!*$%! fender drains.  Once I get the dash out, I'll know just
how bad it is.

Oh, and I found the thunk in my driveline.  No tranny mounting
bolts.  One was very loose, the other isn't even there.  I can't imagine
what the PO was thinking.

I don't plan to take the body off the frame unless I discover corrosion
that dictates otherwise.

Cliff Hansen
chansen@anr.net
1966 TR-4A CTC 64615L