Re: TR-6 Tires

To: tom@ntcs-inc.com
Subject: Re: TR-6 Tires
From: pboldtrix@juno.com (Philip E Bacon)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:17:29 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Tom;  I"ve been running with 215/65x15 on my 72 TR6 for over two years
and I really like the extra stick I get with the wider tread.  These
tires are  a new set of "computer rebuilt " Goodyear Eagle AWT Redlines
mfg by Antique Automotive Accessories Inc. in  Las Vegas.  I did make the
fronts rub once on a real hard to the block turn at speed, so you
certainly can't use them for autocrossing, but for every day driving they
are great.  I've put over 9000 mi on them with very little wear.  The
fact they are true rubber applied redlines, and not Michelins draws a lot
of comment.  (Did you paint those(?)).  IMHO, almost anything other than
the old Redline Michelins is an improvement .
Phil Bacon

     n Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:01:14 -0600 Tom Rollins <tom@ntcs-inc.com>