Re: TR6 heads

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 heads
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 14:08:56 -0700 (MST)

I don't actually read this list, I just saw this thread while cleaning
some useless cruft out of the digest file.  It's been a while, I'd say close
to ten years, since I dealt with TR6 motors in any detail.  I did get a
start on some info about it.  If you have web access, check out the page
at

  http://www.vtr.org/maintain/engine-mods-TR6.html

Maybe I should do something similar for the Spitfires someday.  Or maybe
just finish the TR6 stuff, since I will be working on finishing up my soon
to be blue '69 TR6 this winter.  Expect yet another sales message from me
come springtime.

Here's a quick chart of how the combusion chamber volume changes the
compression ratio, assuming a few things about the block, like no decking,
stock flat top pistons:

Deck height = 0.010"
Bore        = 2.94
Stroke      = 3.74