RE: TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: TR6
From: Aaron Johnson <sugar@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:20:56 -0700
My reasoning for doing compression increases for the head is simple.  When
you run a motor with high compression, such as the 11:1 I was running, If
something happens and say you need to true the head, anything you do will
give more compression that could be unwanted.  You can't add material back
on.  If you use the pistons to make the compression ration, you can
increase or decrease the ratio fairly easy, while still leaving room to
true the head.  The other reason is that you should also use a higher grade
of piston when increasing the compression, so why not save a little money
then having someone mill your head.

aaron