Re: Gunmetal Grey on Triumphs

To: "Andrew Mace" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Gunmetal Grey on Triumphs
From: "Peter Gillis" <pgillis@cosmedia.ie>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:20:39 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Andy wrote

>So, anyone else out there with a U.S. or North American-spec. GT6 or
>other Triumph originally with #18 Gunmetal Grey paint? I vaguely remember
>seeing a 2000 sedan years ago in that color; that's about it.
>
>Thanks in advance for any input. BTW, it's a pretty color from what I can
>see of it -- pretty much what you'd expect from the name.
>
>--Andy

I brought an original 70000mile Gunmetal Mk1 2000 back from the UK 2
years ago and on that car I thought the colour was fantastic, it was a
little
tired and faded so I had it resprayed in its original colour, my brother
in law is a panel beater and managed to get me the original colour.
I sold that car earlier this year and still miss it, I still think they are
the nicest of the Triumphs to drive (Mk 1 only). I'll post you a shot of it
Cheers
Peter Gillis
63 TR4
85 750 Honda Sabre