Re: In search of wisdom... Is this the right place?

To: mysmithnc@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: In search of wisdom... Is this the right place?
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 22:18:42 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< 1.    Thanks to an e-repair by Dan Masters, I have overdrive for the first
 time in my life.  Is it considered proper to use the clutch when shifting in
 or out of o/d to avoid the "clunk" or does one simply click it in and click
 it out?   I confess to rarely using the clutch when shifting, anyway, and it
 seems odd to have to find that pedal when cruising in high gear.

Welcome to the world of comfy cruising at 80 mph! No you don't ( I don't)
operate the clutch when shifting to OD. In fact I shift while accelerating, as
it seems to smooth out the dreaded clunk. Try it!

 2.  The Fab 4A is my third roadster, but I've not been caught in the rain
 yet.  How dry are the square TRs  (4-5-6)? I know the side curtain TRs are
 notoriously wet.  My Fiat Spider was very dry- at any speed over 35mph or
 so, you just didn't get wet.  The Midget, on the other hand, was a monsoon
 creator.  At any speed, you got soaked.  What can I expect in the TR4A?
 Should I just plan to "Miata-ize" it and put the top up just because it's
 raining? >>
All of my cars are drier in the rain with the top up. Even drier with the
windows rolled up/sidecurtains on. Although if you can maintain 30 mph or so
you stay pretty dry unless its really coming down. For the sake of your
interior put the top up in the rain, and put the lion skin loin cloth away.
:-)

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B