Re: TR6 Engine Rebuild Questions

To: "Ricker, Brian R." <rickerbr@Maritz.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Engine Rebuild Questions
From: "Martin Gonzales" <mxgo@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:46:53 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

 Also what will I have to do
>about push rods? I assume stock length will be bad (given the stock .330
>lift and a shorter cylinder head), will the shorter
>tubular rods work without cutting them down?

I upped the compression on my 73 TR6 to 9.5:1 and bought the short push rods
from BPNW and they were close to the new required lenght.  Measure your
existing stock push rods and then ask BPNW for the length of their short
push rods.  Then see the difference between the short and standard rods and
compare to what you are shaving of the head.  You might find that the
difference may not be of concern.   That is the way it worked out for me.

Martin Gonzales
73 TR6
San Jose, CA