Re: Speedo error & differential ratio

To: "INTERNET:Brad.Kahler@141.com" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, "INTERNET:triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Speedo error & differential ratio
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 19:45:43 -0500
Message text written by INTERNET:Brad.Kahler@141.com
>The 1184 means the number of turns of the cable to equal one mile on the
speedo.<

Brad,

I guess the 1184 (3.7 diff speedo) makes sense.  This car was not
originally equipped
with an OD, so it most likely had a 3.7 diff originally.  What speedometer
goes with
a 4.1 differential?  1312?  If that is correct, then I need one set to
1254.6 to compensate
for the 185/70 tires.  I will be having the speedometer corrected this
week.

P.S.  I remember seeing a listing of the different speedometer units for
each tire/differential
combination.  Does anyone have that info anymore?  now THAT might be a FAQ
material!

-Tony
ARhodes@compuserve.com