Re: TR6 Suspension rebuild

To: Kerry Fores <TR66pack@aol.com>, TR List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Suspension rebuild
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:17:41 -0500
Kerry Fores writes:

>Good Morning List,

>Winter is arriving in Wisconsin soon and I'm going to be doing my first
>complete suspension rebuild on the '74 TR6. As I prepare to put my parts
list
>together I thought I'd solicit thoughts from the list on experiences with
>bushings from the various suppliers (large and small) and if there are any
>types of bushings I should avoid. I plan to upgrade the bushings wherever
>possible but I'm wondering if some bushings are too hard or annoyingly
squeeky
>because of the materials they are made from. Anyone have good/bad
experinces
>to share?

Kerry,

I used poly bushings from Ted Schumacher and, though it may be only
my imagination, it seams the wheels stay pointed where they are
supposed to.  And the ride isn't harsh at all.  If I had it to do
over again I would have lubricated them with some of the silicon
grease I have since they tend to squeek at times.

Assembly is much easer than the rubber bushings since the
pre-compression is not required.

Have fun.  It's always a great feeling to finish a suspension
rebuild and go on the first drive.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO