Re:TR6 Suspension rebuild

To: TR66pack@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:TR6 Suspension rebuild
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:21:19 -0500
I used (at the retailer's suggestion) blue Marine grease on some poly bushings I
put in another vehicle.  Comes in a tube and is what you're supposed to use on
the wheel bearings on a boat trailer.  The Marine grease is supposed to hold up
better to being submerged in water (don't try this with your car).  Don't know
if it's really any different from regular grease but my bushings squeaked when I
didn't do it and have been perfectly quiet since I used the blue Marine grease
on them (going on four years).  I'm going to do it to the squeaky poly bushings
(you put it where the bushing contacts any other surface) on my TR6 this winter
since the PO apparently didn't.

Bud 71TR6 CC57365