Re: Trailer Car at VTRs

To: vafred@erols.com
Subject: Re: Trailer Car at VTRs
From: lgmtr6@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:31:26 -0500
Cc: JRossi727@AOL.COM, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Fred & John,

I wanted to address this issue as I have heard it a few times now. Yes,
George's car IS a tailored car. It has less than 500 miles on it since
1995 when it was completed. I defend him in this decision not to drive it
as he has a '73TR6 that he has owned from new and that he drives over 100
miles every weekend.

His car did in fact participate in an event. He went on the driving tour
through the horse farms. I know this because my wife went with him on the
trip.

We each enjoy our cars in different ways.

There are provisions for "Senior Class" cars in the VTR rules, but they
only apply to National events, or cars that have won at the National
level. Perhaps this should be carried over to Regional competition.
Someone should bring this to Andy Mace's attention.

BTW, George was NOT involved with the final tallying of votes for
Concourse or for Best of Show, nor did he judge in the early TR6 class.
(I did!) The choice for Best of Show was between 3 different cars, and
the judging was close, but in the end the TR6 won out.

Larry Miceli
'73 Stag
'66 Herald

On Thu, 05 Nov 1998 19:48:01 -0800 fred thomas <vafred@erols.com> writes:

>JRossi727@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> Right on Hugh.  The concourse TR-6 winner and same best of concourse
>show
>> winner.  Was trailer in an air conditioned trailer no less.
 I also though one had to enter a driving event to be in the show.

This prefect TR-6