Re: Unleaded fuel

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Unleaded fuel
From: bjohnson@mmm.com
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 09:36:27 +0000

Thanks to everyone who replied about unleaded fuel -   I think that I am
going to leave my TR4 as it is  (I'm still working on the pinking and I
will be trying different springs and timings early next year, but that's a
slightly different tale. )      As for my TR2 - if any work is needed on
the head when I take it apart, I may be tempted to have inserts put in.
This will be because the traces of lead that are there now will probably be
removed if I have to grind (or recut)  the valves  etc.    I still haven't
decided whether to put a 'high  port'   head on to it yet anyway.

So - fellow  UK listers,  you have seen what the people with experience say
about using unleaded fuel ......   you have to make up your own minds what
to do !!

Cheers
Brian Johnson

Internet     bjohnson@mmm.com

1963  TR4   AFP503A / IZS 733  - CT27216-L  (now not L)  ex USA - on the
road since 1993
1954  TR2   46 BHX        TS554-O   in lots of pieces (but I've got my
spats)

Why are so many Triumph owners called Brian ?