Re: Unleaded fuel

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: Unleaded fuel
From: pboldtrix@juno.com (Philip E Bacon)
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 18:47:30 +0000
Cc: bjohnson@mmm.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I'm new to the list, and this is my first attempt at putting my oar in
the water -- Hope I get  it  right.. I agree with Art Kelly -- there's
way too much flap about unleaded fuel.  In 1964 I bought a brand new MGB
(at age 26) and burned  nothing but Amoco premium unleaded gasoline --
the only unleaded fuel you could buy at the time .  As I recall , it was
a concensus opinion then that sportscars ran better "without all that
gunky lead", them being such exotic machines.  Anyway, I put over 100K
Miles on that car before selling it  in 1971 and never had any problems.
 Then again, maybbe it was the Castrol oil  (with castor oil )  that I
always used.   Phil Bacon On Wed, 4 Nov 1998 17:11:12 EST