RE: TR3B Trunnion Refurbishing (simple check)

To: <Bush4brits@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TR3B Trunnion Refurbishing (simple check)
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 19:25:19 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Bob,

Unfortunately, all of my suspension and steering components have already
been removed from the car. In fact, most have now been cleaned and
sandblasted. I'm planning on using your previous advice to see if my old
trunnions seem OK --- but I basically just took advantage of a chance to get
new ones for a good price.

I've been a bit frustrated in terms of evaluating many of my components.
When I bought my car it hadn't run for more than a decade, and wasn't about
to without a lot of work. So I decided to tackle all the obvious problems.
Then the old shipwright's disease set in, and now it's just a frame. I
honestly had no intention of going this far with it, but it seems I can
never go more than a day or two without one of those "as long as you've gone
this far" type of thoughts.

Latest example was this afternoon. The guy doing my body work (small dents,
new floor boards, one rusted rocker panel) was going to patch up my trunk
floor (which is the single worst piece of sheet metal on the car). So he
called and recommended that instead of patching, I put in a new floor. His
words, of course, started with "as long as you've come this far...".

Back on subject --- I do plan on cleaning up and checking my old trunnions
the best I can while they are off the car. As long as they check out OK,
I'll either keep them as spares, or (more likely) see if someone else around
here needs them.

Thanks again,

Dave