Re: Looking for the "Classic & Sports Cars" magazine

To: econrad <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for the "Classic & Sports Cars" magazine
From: Lawrence Schilling <lchillin@siu.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 10:36:04 -0600
Cc: TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net
I got a copy at my local Barnes and Noble.  What a great section on Triumphs.

50 some pages on many aspects of the marque.  Really an interesting story
on the failed effort to run a privately entered TR7 V8 in the 1980 24 hours
of Le Mans, (top speed claims on the Muslanne straight of 150 to 205 mph).
 Can you imagine going 205 in a TR7???

 Also a great piece on STAGS, makes you want to run out and buy two.

At 09:13 AM 11/4/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Listers:
>
>I've been searching for the magazine that was said to hold a tribute to
Triumph on its 30 year anniversary.  The name I was told is:  "Classic &
Sports Cars".  I cannot find it any where.  The internet has no clues, and
Barnes & Noble (probably the best magazine rack near me) has no idea as to
this magazine.

>I've also searched for variations on this title -- to no avail.
>
>Could anyone on the list point me toward how to locate it?  Based on the
dates of the emails, I assume the Triumph issue was in either the October
or November issue.