RE: TR6 axle shafts or The clunk that wouldn't leave

To: "'Chad Stretz'" <ccfarm@tranquility.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 axle shafts or The clunk that wouldn't leave
From: "Linda Long (IM)" <LLong@Kollmorgen.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 20:01:55 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> -------
> My thinking now is that I may have embarked upon the restoration of the
> hardest driven, most mechanically neglected TR6 known to man. Damn, I love
> these cars.
>
> Chad Stretz

Chad,
If it is any consolation my TR6 has a mild clunk in the right rear.  I
recently replace the original rear trailing arm bushings and rubber coil
spring insulators.  Greased the splines up real good while I was in there.
I though I had the clunk eliminated..but I think it is still there, somewhat
softer tho.  I'm the original owner and this TR has never been neglected,
has ~40,000 miles and has never been driven by an 18 year old on a
testosterone rush.  So "mechanically neglected" as you say might not be the
issue.

bye for now

Tom Long

64TR4