Re: TR3 starter/solenoid/wiring question

To: coday@localaccess.com
Subject: Re: TR3 starter/solenoid/wiring question
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 07:03:46 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< This brown wire appears to jump the main
 power to the ignition switch and it seems to me that it should be
 connected to the top terminal of the solenoid, this is the battery
 side of this device.  There is also a small white wire with red
 stripe that attachs to a small spade connector.  I assume this is the
 power from the dash button to engage the solenoid.

 What am I missing here?  The large brown wire has to be on the
 battery terminal of the solenoid, doesn't it?   >>
Yes the brown wire is continuous with the negative battery terminal. The
white/red wire should go to a separate connector on the solenoid. The W/R wire
goes to the starter switch, the brown goes to fusebox and ammeter.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4