Was - TR4, Now - Where are the TR4s?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Was - TR4, Now - Where are the TR4s?
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 08:47:07 -0400
Here's my observations:

The TR4s were always a poor stepchild to the TR3s and TR6s.  The TR4 was the
car you beat up while restoring your TR3, or trying to assemble cash to buy
your TR6.  Thus while the other TR models were being restored, the TR4s were
being TRashed, or used for TR3 drivetrain parts.

At the TRF Summer Party there were more TR250s than TR4s, and almost as many
Stags as TR4s.

How many times have you heard someone say "I`m looking for a TR4 to drive while
I restore my TR3"?

Bruce Clough
'62 TR4