Re: cutting masnoite

To: kengano@advant.com
Subject: Re: cutting masnoite
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 05:33:47 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I am attempting to "remanufacture" four of the interior panels in the TR3
 and purchased a sheet of 1/8" masonite for the base.  Every time I try to
 cut it with the reciprocating saw or the sawzall it either rips or the edge
 "balls up" and makes a sloppy cut.

 Does anyone have a good suggestion to make these cuts, particularly the
 curves.  I seem to get a nice cut with a circular saw and a very thin blade,
 but this will not work on the curves. >>

A bandsaw (big & expensive) would be best. A sharp razor knife, a steady hand
and a bit of patience will also work.

Ken Nuelle