Re: A simple (!) question

To: Scott Decker <sdecker@bellsouth.net>, triumph listserv <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: A simple (!) question
From: Roger Helman <rogerh@digimation.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 18:12:54 -0500
    Scott, I just went through this.  First, did you remove the two screws on
the face of the drum?
    If so, I used three BFS (big screw drivers).  The first to pry between the
drum and the rear cover. I then used the other two to work around the drum in
the gap created by the first screw driver.  I kept moving the screw drivers
further and further around the drum making the gap wider and wider. Before I got
to 180 degrees away from the first screw driver the drum popped off.  It did
take me about 35 minutes to get the drum off.
    I my case the seat where the drum and the hub meet was damaged. The seat on
the hub was out of round. I used a fine file to smooth out the seat.

I hope this rambling helps. Good luck.

--
Roger Helman                  71 TR6 CC67866L
Digimation Inc.               http://deepthought.digimation.com/rogerh/