Re: Spitfire bonnet latches

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: Spitfire bonnet latches
From: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:11:58 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Andrew Mace wrote:

> I suppose it could be fun to put together a list (if it's not been done
> already) of all the OEM component manufacturers for our cars. Of course,
> there are the well-known Lucas, Girling, Borg & Beck, etc. as proprietary
> suppliers, and the "in-house" suppliers such as Alford & Alder for
> steering components. Then there are Dunlop and Sankey for wheels,
> Wilmot-Breeden for keys and some bumpers and grilles, Triplex for glass,
> Ace for "rimbellishers"....
>
> Anyone able to add to the list?

Hi Andy,    You KNOW I have to rise to this challenge. How about:

Prestfibre    -    Dashboards
J.Fray        -    Badges/Cast Trim
Pressed Steel -    Panels
Abbey Steel    -    Panels (including the original Coupe roof)
Forward Radiator Company    -    Bodyshells (for ATLAS and possibly others)
and probably radiators!
Mulliners    -    Panels
Hall Engineering    -    Panels

I can't think of any more off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are many
others.
    I always understood the "M" on the bonnet catch to have been for
Michelotti, as I was always led to believe he designed the catch. Oh well, you
learn something every day,
    Cheers,
        Bill.
--
                            This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
\________________________/  1970 Herald 13/60 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup
 |_|                  |_|   1972 Spitfire MkIV