Re: Pourable rubber

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Pourable rubber
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 12:43:56 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 14:37 24/06/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Does there exist a product that I could pour into a mould, and once cured,
>it would be like a butyl (or similar) rubber?  I want to try to make a
>seat diaphragm.  They are $40 cdn apiece, plus shipping.  :-(

Malcolm,

I find RTV silicone rubber quite handy, although it takes practice to avoid
bubbles on mixing. However, the kind I have used wouldn't have enough shear
strength for your application. Still, give Dow Corning a call - if they
can't do what you want, they should tell you who can!

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia