Re: Unusual TR4 hood ornament

To: Rikrock@aol.com, Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Unusual TR4 hood ornament
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 22:37:30 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-24 22:09:38 EDT, Rikrock@aol.com writes:

> Typical stuff, except for one picture--a white TR4 with a set of longhorns
>  mounted right up there on the front of the hood where the Triumph emblem
>  belongs.  I'm not talking about airhorns here.  I'm talking taxidermy!
> These
>  things, tip to tip, were almost as wide as the hood!  They would look right
> at
>  home on a '75 Caddie Eldo in Texas, but, I don't know, on the TR, they
> seemed
>  somewhat out of proportion, if nothing else.

Rich,

At the VTR convention in Ft. Mitchell, KY a few years back, there was a TR6
with a set of horn just as you described. I have a photo of the car somewhere.
If you like, I can scan it and send you a jpg copy. If I remember correctly,
the car was in excellent condition.

Not my cup of tea, but not all that bad either.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74