RE: Spitfire OD Badge location info need

To: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Spitfire OD Badge location info need
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 10:39:00 -0400
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client mothost.mot.com, sender Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com )
Brad Wrote:
"Could one of you possibly do a sketch or tracing of the left rear corner of
the boot lid defining the hole locations for me?"

Brad,
      You might consider waiting until you have the badge before actually
putting holes in your car. I recently ordered a replacement badge for the
front of my car and the "new" casting" had a different hole pattern than the
car or the 3 older/damaged badges I have. The originals are pressed pins
pressed into  the badge. The "new" are a one piece casting with the pins
about one hole diameter off made into the casting. General location is ok
but
you might want to cool your jets on getting a template from somebody to
punch
holes in your car.

Regards,
Richard Ceraldi