technical knowledge - rather, lack of...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: technical knowledge - rather, lack of...
From: Neil Sampson <neil.sampson@gecm.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 11:46:45 +0100 (BST)
Autoforwarded: false
Disclose-recipients: prohibited
Hop-count: 2
Ua-content-id: 11C62AEE2D00
X400-mts-identifier: [;7945461105061998/A53621/EASTMS]
Hi there,

Being fairly new to the world of Triumphs, I'm now in a position to buy a car !
 However, whilst flicking through the classic car mags & autotrader pages, I
see a lot of technical stuff and terms which I'm not familiar with - can anyone
help ?  I'm sure someone can, I'm just gonna look a bit stoopid that's all !

Ayway, the terms I've seen are :

Rotoflex - Is this good or bad ?
Weber   - good/bad ?
IRS       - only seen this against TR5 ads, what is it ?
Surrey Top - is this the kinda half-thing that fits on the back of a TR5? If
so, what goes between the top of that and the top of the windscreen ?

And any other things to specifically look out for or avoid !

I'm probably in the market for a GT6, possibly a TR5 and even further away from
my finances, maybe a TR6.

Thanks in anticipation.
neil