RE: tr6 gearbox/clutch q's

To: "'Barry Schwartz'" <bschwart@pacbell.net>, Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: tr6 gearbox/clutch q's
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 09:18:26 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks for the comments. I do have several points (no need for any corners,
all ideas are appreciated):

1. At least according to my O/D indicator (I connected the solenoid power
lead to the useless EGR warning light my 76 TR6 was graced with), the
solenoid does not remain energized while in neutral between any gears.

2. Prior to my clutch linkage work I did not have the grind.

3. It does not grind on the 4 --> 3 shift, only on the 3 --> 4 shift.

This weekend I plan on switching to the top hole of the clutch shaft lever
to see if lengthening the throw this way will eliminate the grind. If it
does, I will have to effect a more permanent solution further up the
linkage. If it doesn't I will remain baffled...

Thanks for the ideas.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada