Re: Gas shutoff valve

To: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: Re: Gas shutoff valve
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 14:09:59 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Sumner Weisman wrote:

> It is not on all TR-3's.  My "B" came without it, which is unfortunate.
> It's no fun trying to clean the fuel filter bowl next to the fuel pump with
> gas pouring all over the garage floor.  I may have to add one some day.
> What I do now, in a pinch, is to make sure that the tank is not very full,
> and jack up the front wheels.
>
> Sumner Weisman
> 62 TR-3B

Most of these shut-off valves have been thrown away long ago do to the
leaking problems that they carry, but all 2/3'S had them. Eastwood has a
kit of vinyl plugs and caps for sealing off these lines when need be, all
sizes, the kit is 123 pieces and your troubles are over, Unscrew the gas
line, brake line or any line and just cover it 19.99.