Radio Console.

To: triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Radio Console.
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:55:16 +0000
I am making my self a stereo for my car, this will replace the radio
console and radio in my Spitfire 1500.  That is the pressed steel
blanking plate.   I have some aluminium to build a replacement plate
from.  This will replace the pressed steel blanking plate.  It will have
things like line inputs, 6v output, volume, treble base, fade???, maybe
room for an input selector.  Plus the two lit toggle switches for front
fog lamps, and driving lamps, (and rear fog lamp switch??).  Burger
alarm, even, so I know when I need a Burger, or maybe that's a burglar
alarm.  Oh and a red flashing led!!!

Anyway these will be mounted on an aluminium front panel, with the
switches in the section where the radio goes.  The aluminium I have got
has a bit of a tatty finish.

So I am after technique for giving the aluminum a realy cool finish,
that just looks the part, to go with all the chrome plated stuff I am
putting into the radio. Like blue LED in a chrome bezzel for the
operation light.  Oh, and a pop rivits ataching the front to the circuet
board holding plate.  What do people sugest!!!

I had thaught a peace of metal in the drill with sand paper stuct to it,
in like a fish scail pattern!!
Hmmm

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot