Re: Radio Console.

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Radio Console.
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:35:11 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, James wrote:

> I had thaught a peace of metal in the drill with sand paper stuct to it,
> in like a fish scail pattern!!

Common practice for fish-scale is to get a felt bob and 'charge' it with
polishing compound.  You can get a felt bob for a dremel tool (get the
kind that goes on a pig-tail (screw...)) and is thick, and about 1/2"
round.  I think the Turtle Wax rubbing compound (either red or green can)
should polish aluminum.

Then, with a steady hand (drill press...) you push the end of the bob onto
the metal, so that it polishes a circle.  then lift it off, move over 1/2
circle, and hit it again.  Continue and you'll have a pretty funky looking
fish scale.

That's about the only "quick & dirty" method on aluminum I can think of,
unless you want to apply glow-in-the-dark paint or something.

-Malcolm