RE: Crane ZR700 ignition help needed

To: List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Crane ZR700 ignition help needed
From: Mel Hildebrandt <MHildebrandt@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 23:28:45 -0400
>Hi all,  Dave Terrick here.
>
>A good friend, computer impaired,  had his ignition puke yesterday.  He
did
>an under hood wash and made it only 300 feet or so out of the bay
>before...nothing.  No spark.  A points distributor swap instantly cured
the
>problem.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions as to how (or if) the Crane unit can be
>fixed or is it pertronix or points time?
>
>TIA
>

>Dave Terrick
>69 GT6+
>Winnipeg
<

Dave,

Make sure the ground wire for the unit is properly "grounded". If any
moisture or corrosion inhibits the ground, you get no spark. It happened to
me driving home one night. The car was running fine and then it was as if I
had turned off the key....nothing. Unfortunately I didn't discover the
source of the problem until I had been towed home.

Mel Hildebrandt
San Diego
'74 TR6, CF24749UO