Re: brake fluid

To: "Richard Triplett" <rtriplett@bjservices.com>
Subject: Re: brake fluid
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:41:57 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Richard,

Let's discuss that a little...  In order to drain the entire system,
correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that I would have to take
EVERYTHING apart -- all cylinders, (master, slave, and wheel) and open all
lines, etc.  Big job.  Am I correct?  Or, would it be adequate to just open
all bleed valves and pump the old fluid out with the brake pedal?  And then
flush it once or twice with silicone before putting all new silicone fluid
in?

Sumner

----------
> From: Richard Triplett <rtriplett@bjservices.com>
> To: sweisman@gis.net
> Subject: brake fluid
> Date: Monday, April 20, 1998 4:25 PM
>
> The smartest thing I did with my TR was to change fluid to Silicone.  It
> doesn't attack british rubber, doesn't asorb water and best of all,
doesn't
> attack paint.  It is more expensive, but unless you have leaks, will last

> much longer than reagular fluid.  Yes, you do need the DOT 4 or 5 for
> British cars, as DOT 3 will attack rubber.  Girling Crimson or Green
works
> fine.  Think about Silicone though.  By the way, you will have to drain
ALL