Re: Mig welder video...Low LBC content<353d4ea1.4170237@mail.hey.net>

To: tomomalley@hey.net
Subject: Re: Mig welder video...Low LBC content<353d4ea1.4170237@mail.hey.net>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 15:02:29 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
[snip]
>My feeling is that this tape is a good representation of how a typical
>body shop might fix an old beater so it passes inspection. <MOT>
>A car enthusiast would probably not be happy with the quality of the
>work though.  Okay...JACKSON might be happy, but for the rest of us...
>:-)

>Cheers!
>Tom O'Malley in Southbridge Massachusetts
>'74, '77 Spits

OK, OK, like a red rag to a bull, I'll bite! :-)   Ok, so I've 'glued' a repair
patch on the floor of my old moggy minor with sealer, I've put filler and news
paper in the front arches of my Spitfire to pass the MOT, used parts of a Mini
front wing to re-construct the floorpan, and I've been know to removed a
piston, extract the broken washer from the top and file flat and add the
shamfer(sp) to the edge then replace it in my Spitty's engine.........But on NO
account could you call me a bodger!!!! :-)   Now diesel Spitfire's, that a
whole different kettle of fish eh Tom!!! :-)

Cheerio, I'm off to the optician in a minute, so I'll get to see what my car
really looks like!!! :-)

Rich