Re: interesting tr6 discovery

To: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: interesting tr6 discovery
From: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 11:39:05 -0400
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Peter Zaborski wrote:

>           ~snip~

> The discovery:
>         So upon unscrewing the two screws on the driver side front lens,
> I make to pop off the lens to switch it for the 75 one.

              ~snip~

> I discover that the object which has fallen to the floor
> is none other than... a spare set of keys wrapped in masking tape!
>
>         I am not kidding. I unwrapped the tape and inspect two Wilmot
> Breeden keys and one of another brand whose name escapes me at this
> time. The ignition key has the original style plastic handle with the BL
> logo but unfortunately part of the plastic is melted by the heat of the
> bulb. I tried all three keys and yep, they are the right ones. I seem to
> recall hearing a while back that the BL workers would put spare keys in
> odd locations but this little find just blew me away.

                                    ~snip~

>         Cheers!
>
> Peter Zaborski
> 76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
> Calgary AB Canada

Peter,

     I purchased a TR 4 rear light assembly at Carlisle, Pa last year,
and as I was taking it apart, I encountered the same thing.  When I
wrote the list about it, the general consensus was that such was the way
Triumph would give a spare set of keys away.  In TR 4s, it was the
tailight, with TR 6s, it must be the front turn signal.  The keys I found
were also held together with masking tape.

                                           JOE IV
                                           TR 250
                                   WALLINGFORD, CT. USA