Re: TR6 carburetors

To: Lex Garey <LGarey@mail.dot.state.nc.us>
Subject: Re: TR6 carburetors
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 16:47:42 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Lex,

        You could send them out. But I would recommend doing it yourself. I
        think the usual charge is well over $100. The rebuilt kit is about $30
        and routinely available. Get the Haynes Z-S manual and away you go!
        Three good pieces of advice - 1)Do one at a time,2) clean,clean and
clean each
        part, 3) when taking apart portions of a carb, note the
orientation(some parts
        can go back the wrong way).

        Jeff N.
        '72 TR6

At 12:15 PM 4/17/98 -0400, you wrote:

>I have been considering rebuilding (or having rebuilt) the Z-S carbs on my
>'74 TR6 for awhile.  And now, the interconnecting throttle linkage has
>broken (it was not original - it was rigged up by a PO).  So, I was
>wondering what to do.  Is there a place where I could send the whole
>assembly (both carbs and linkage) and have it rebuilt correctly?  (I'm not
>sure if I want to try this myself).  Or does anyone have any suggestions
>for another type of carb?   Thanks a lot.
>Lex Garey,  (semi-stranded in) Shelby, NC,  '74 TR6

Jeff C. Nathanson
Director of Product Development
Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.