LBC insurance (opinions)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: LBC insurance (opinions)
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 13:33:57 -0400
I don't have a great deal of experience in this area, since I own only one
"classic". From reading Bill Elliott's earlier post (you can look it up),
it occurs to me that there are some similarities to the insurance
arrangements that people use for rally cars, which I do know about.

Stage rallies are conducted on a combination of closed and open roads, the
actual speed portion of the event on closed or private roads. The cars are
race cars with plates. How to get insurance so you can get plates? As long
as you aren't asked, don't tell and don't volunteer anything. If you crash
your rally car on a stage, don't be stupid and ask the insurance company to
pay for it.

The same thing holds for classic insurance, as I see it. I would not look
for compensation if I suffered a loss outside the limits of the coverage. I
may be (probably am) wrong, but that's my take on it.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (21 year owner)

Is the glass half empty, half full, or twice as large as it needs to be?