Re: SU carbs

To: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: SU carbs
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 17:37:41 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: jmwagner@greenheart.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, jonmac wrote:

> Each carb has to be adjusted individually for mixture with the other one
> totally shut off. Ain't no way you can do two at the same time. When
> mixture is the same for both, air intake is regulated using a
> Unidoodlywotsit - or, a piece of rubber pipe. Alternatively, you can do it
> "in stereo" with an old stethoscope.

This is a good point-- actually, most auto parts stores (better ones,
anyway) will sell a mechanic's stethoscope- it has a long wire probe
instead of the "freezing cold metal disc"- good for pinpointing noisy
bearings, etc.

You do get funny looks when people notice it on the wall beside the torque
wrench though ;-)

Yet another thing to add to my wish list...

-Malcolm