SU carbs

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SU carbs
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 22:47:42 +0100
Cc: <vafred@erols.com>
Listers,
I apologise unreservedly. Earlier today, I wrote

> 2. When re-fitting the needle, the base of the shoulder must be parallel
> with the bottom of the chamfered hole in the piston, NOT parallel with
> the bottom of the piston.

Fred Thomas kindly and quickly picked me up on my mistake. The above should
read:

"When refitting the needle, the base of the shoulder must be parallel with
the top of the chamfered hole in the piston, NOT parallel with the bottom
of the chamfer."

The reason I wrote this is simply because I was frozen stiff. Ever since
these recent floods, the central heating has been off because the ignition
set-up on my oil fired boiler got flooded from water cascading down the
flue from a neighbour's blocked roof guttering. While I was writing this
thread, dressed appropriately for the South Pole, a so-called engineer was
'attending to the matter' and finally got the boiler to work - but greatly
distracted me in the process when he casually allowed
about a gallon of fuel oil to escape across the kitchen floor while smoking
a cigarette. While I'm now warm and doing a slow and discreet stripteaze -
the house now stinks of fuel oil.

Again, I apologise for misleading

John Macartney
Now in the same museum as the cars he sold when they were new