RE: SU carbs

To: "'jonmac'" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: RE: SU carbs
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 14:57:04 -0600
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> From: jonmac [SMTP:jonmac@ndirect.co.uk]
>
> Each carb has to be adjusted individually for mixture with the other
> one
> totally shut off. Ain't no way you can do two at the same time.

Assuming the same holds true for ZS carbs, how do you "shut one off"? Do
you just disconnect the fuel to it? In which case the engine runs on 3
cylinders (in the case of my TR6 for example). Is this the way to do it?

I am really curious cause I was going to do the mixture with my newly
acquired Colortune sometime this spring.

Clarification please. Thanks,

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada