TR250 Petrol Guage Sender

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR250 Petrol Guage Sender
From: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 22:33:07 -0400
I'm just about to put the petrol tank back into my TR250 (thanks again,
Lenny). The guage was intermittent when I first got the car. I'd like it
to work when I put it back in.

I assume the sender is just a variable resistor. Both of mine, the one
from the old tank and the one from the new tank, appear to be open
circuits (more than 10 megohms) when I try to measure ohms between the
two tabs on top.  Does anybody know, or can anybody measure, the
resistance range of a working sender unit? Or, if it's _not_ simply a
variable resistor, what is it???

Bill Kelly
'62 Herald, due home next week
'68 TR250