adding stereo to TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: adding stereo to TR6
From: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 13:56:13 -0400
Hello:
I'm looking for options for adding a stereo to my tr6.  I'm considering some
sort of under-dash mount box that I may slip a radio into.  I no longer have
a center dash support, but would mount this on that same strip of metal that
the support was once attached to.
For speakers, I'm considering either surface-mount speakers for the rear
ledge, or buying regular 6" round speakers and mounting them in surface mount
boxes.
Any input and/or experience would be helpful to me.  I'm not interested in
retaining the "originality" of the TR, just getting some tunes in a simply
way.
Thanks,
Sirmoog