TR6 Electrical Help

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Electrical Help
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 21:28:42 -0700
I took the 6 out for a quick spin after work tonight
and noticed that neither my fuel or temp qauges were working.
When I got back home, I tested other electricals and the
turn signals, back up light, wiper switch, wiper fluid pump,
and the brake lights were also not working. They all run off
the same fuse (white ignition wires in one side and the double
green wires on the other).

The fuse was fine so I ran the multi meter across the box and
got 11.5 volts. I then probed the green wires immediately
coming from the box, grounding the probe to the engine block and
the light would not light. I tested  the probe on the purple
wire to be safe and it lighted.

I did not proceed any further to see if I could locate a break in the
circuit or wire. All worked fine on Sunday when the CPTC went for its
spring run.

What am I doing wrong and any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Please be specific since I am just learing and trying to understand
the electricals and how they work.

Thanks

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA