Re: SPAX shocks on TR3A

To: drew@pixar.com
Subject: Re: SPAX shocks on TR3A
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 15:32:56 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 12:20 PM 4/7/98 -0700, drew@pixar.com wrote:

snip

>Mind if I ask what you have the rebound adjustment set to? I was
>planning on starting mine out at about 4 clicks (1 turn) from full
>soft. FWIW I'm also installing a set of HD rebuilt rear shocks from
>Apple Hydraulics.

BIG snip

I started at 5 clicks, and I think I am pretty close to where I want to be.
I am thinking one or two more will be good. Car handling is very good now,
and the ride is still a tad soft. FWIW, I rebuilt the front end with all
new bushes, and replaced worn parts as needed. My front end is nice and
tight. The shocks waited for the budget to recover over the winter.  ;-)

As far as the TR3 handling goes, I am following the advice of fellow lister
TeriAnn Wakeman, who gave us the following info: (Pay attention to Rear)

Front end:

Rebuild front end - Done
Sway bar - I am thinking about this one, will most probably do it.
Spax shocks - Wow, what a difference.

Rear:

NO sway bar - I don't have one.
Let the shocks do whatever - I never serviced them.
Make the shackles bigger - I am thinking about this one as well.

So far I am almost there, and the car handles great.

All this talk, and I think I need to take it out this afternoon!  :-)
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/
 TR250  CD8096 L                  A Little Town In
 TR250  CD1074 L                  Connecticut, USA