Re: SPAX shocks on TR3A

To: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>, drew@pixar.com
Subject: Re: SPAX shocks on TR3A
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 12:20:28 -0700 "Re: SPAX shocks on TR3A" (Apr 7, 3:07pm)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Thanks for the info Henry. I kind of have the feeling that if I
remove one or both of the cup washers the shock will find a location
where it's happy and stay there. But leaving the cup washers on
both sides of the tower top would allow the shock to move around
and maybe beat out the hole or something.

Mind if I ask what you have the rebound adjustment set to? I was
planning on starting mine out at about 4 clicks (1 turn) from full
soft. FWIW I'm also installing a set of HD rebuilt rear shocks from
Apple Hydraulics.

What I'm hoping to get out of the new stuff (besides having shocks
that just plain work) is to get better tracking through bumpy corners.
Now the front end really wants to wash out when things get rough.

Thanks again,
Drew

--
Drew Rogge