Re: Air compressor sizing

To: brooks@belcotech.com
Subject: Re: Air compressor sizing
From: "jay pollmann" <thorfinnxx@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 10:39:55 PDT
Cc: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I have that compressor, or at least one very close to it with the same
scfm rating and I would say that no, it's not capable of any real
sandblasting. One can sandblast with it, but the compressor constantly
runs and you lose workable pressure within a minute. So if you have a
rusted out TR6 that needs complete stripping, get something bigger (two
stage with double digit scfm at 90psi). If you just like killing ants on
the garage floor with a stream of sand, go for it. (I don't do that, so
to all the PETA people: I'm innocent!)

>Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 13:04:37
>To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
>From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
>Subject: Air compressor sizing
>

>I was just in Price/Costco over lunch and noticed a DeVilbiss Pro AirII
>compressor for $229.  The specs are as follows:
>
>5 HP
>25 gallon tank
>Oil less pump
>8.8 SCFM at 40psi
>6.9 SCFM 1t 90 psi
>125 psi max.
>120 volt, 15 Amp
>
>I've been looking for a compressor for a while and this looks one looks
>pretty good. I don't expect to paint with it, but you never know, so
I'd