Air compressor sizing

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Air compressor sizing
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 13:04:37
I was just in Price/Costco over lunch and noticed a DeVilbiss Pro AirII
compressor for $229.  The specs are as follows:

5 HP
25 gallon tank
Oil less pump
8.8 SCFM at 40psi
6.9 SCFM 1t 90 psi
125 psi max.
120 volt, 15 Amp

I've been looking for a compressor for a while and this looks one looks
pretty good. I don't expect to paint with it, but you never know, so I'd
like it to be a decent machine.  Is a compressor like this capable of the
extended air use a paint job, or shot blast job, might entail?

BTW - I don't sit in a garaged, non-running LBC and go vroom, vroom, but I
do make the voooot, voooot, voooooooooooot noise whenever I use a hand
ratchet wrench.  :-)

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Jack Brooks