RE: Sheet metal source

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Sheet metal source
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 15:45:36 +0100
Although its a nice thought, I have to warn you, that roofs are made
from a lighter gauge steel. This is done to save money and weight and in
most cars the actual roof is not an integral part of the shell (for
safety reasons and rigidity) which is why you are allowed by the factory
to fit those wide webasto type sunroofs to MGB GT's and Minis.

Gernot