Re: Sheet metal source

To: DLM Assoc <DLMAssoc@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Sheet metal source
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 18:32:45 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
DLM Assoc wrote:
> Seriously, the suggestion was to hit a junk yard, cut the roof out of any
> mid '70s hulk and Bob's your uncle, you've got plenty of good body
> steel.  I have to confess that I haven't done it myself, but it does seem
> to make sense, at least after a couple glasses of wine on a Saturday
> evening.

  Is steel really that expensive?

  The local warehouses around here will sell mild steel sheet off the
street for about $10CDN for a 2 foot by 4 foot sheet, which is about
as much as you'll get out of a car roof and is already clean and
paint free.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/