Triumph Lynx

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph Lynx
From: rfeibusch@loop.com (Rick Feibusch)
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 07:23:15 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
John Macartney said:

No, it's NOT repeat NOT about to be released!!!!!!
I was looking at one today. Rather than bung up the list with something you
may already know about, I'll post details written details (no pictures)
within the next 48 hours providing I get enough enquiries. Suffice it to
say, it's probably the only one now left out of eighteen prototypes made
around 1978. Now in the same museum as the cars he sold when they were new

Saw the green one at Gaydon last year. It basically is a stretched, four
place, TR7 fastback coupe with a Rover V8, sans the droopy side line. Might
have been interesting but would have been non-competitive in the lucrative
US market because there were so many domestic and Japanses competitors
available at less money.  The Toyota Celica Supra, 280Z 2+2, Mustang II
(UGLY) and Camero/Firebird pretty much covered that segment. It still was a
cool looking car.

Rick Feibusch
Automotive Journalist/Appraiser
Venice Beach, California