Re: battery tray replacement

To: rlwilliams@navix.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: battery tray replacement
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 16:32:24 -0800
I'm not sure about the Spit, but on my TR6 I cut out the entire tray
including the from lip the bent down over the firewall and the real lip the
bent  upwards to the back of the firewall.  I just drilled out the old spot
welds and used a torch to cut the rest out. Then ground down the torched
edges to make a smooth fit for the replacement patch panel.

Welding in was make easy by using the holes in the firewall left over from
drilling out the old spot welds.  Ground down the new welds and looks like
new

Dave
San Diego.