battery tray replacement

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: battery tray replacement
From: "Robert L. Williams" <rlwilliams@navix.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 18:04:05 -0600
Fellow Triumphers:

I nedd some advice and/or help.  My son and I are going to replace the
battery tray in the Pilgrim- his Spitfire4.  Question #1-  do you chop out
the whole old battery tray (lip and all) or just all of the bottom and
enough of the sides that the new one will drop in?  Question #2-  We're
looking at replacing the floorboards before the seats fall through.  There
seems to be quite a price variation out there.  I know that this seems to
be a hobby where you get what you pay for, but I've seen prices from $99 to
$149 per side.  Anyone care to comment on the quality of product from VB,
TRF or any other vendor from which I do not have a catalog?

Thanks in advance

Rob Williams and Dan the soon-to-be 14 year old sports car driver.
and the Pilgrim Spitfire4 FC 526 L